Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bed Time Shenanigans


The other night as I was lying down with Chesney in her bed for bedtime, she decided to get up and play. She went to the foot of the bed and got the these four items. A baby doll, a Dora the explorer doll and a purple stuffed monkey. She also retrieved a small pink doll blanket. She laid them all down on a pillow beside me and covered them with the blanket. I asked "are you their Mommy like Mommy is to you, Cade and Britton". She replied "Yes the baby doll is Cade, the Dora doll is me and the purple monkey is Britton". At which I laughed at the thought of the monkey being Britton, which in turn caused her to start giggling, which created a vicious cycle of her saying that the monkey is Britton and making me laugh even harder each time. Needless to say it took a little longer to get to sleep that night with all the shenanigans going on at bedtime. I love your sense of humor Chesney! Just don't tell Britton I thought it was funny that he was the monkey. Love, Daddy

1 comment:

Melinda Calfee said...

Its good to know that claire has the same dora doll that she sleeps with and yes, the dora doll does not have her clothes on either. I always wondered why there were so many babies out there with no clothes on. I am now finding out the answer...

counter