
So, I have decided to some how blog about our new church adventure. This way we will always have a place to look back at it and see where we started:)
Three weeks ago we signed over our church building to The Village, a prison ministry. We had to leave the building for a couple of reasons, the biggest one being that we could not afford it anymore. We left with no where to go and wasn't sure who or what we were to become.
We immediately began meeting in the basement of The Denard's house, affectionately known as "The downstairs church". We are digging in scripture together, praying, and seeking for God's direction for our church. Our church is growing in that basement and life giving relationships are forming. We still don't have the answers, to "what's next?" But the community, the worship and the hunger for God's word are everything that I need right now.
Keith and I recently watched the movie Faith like potatoes. That's what it feels like we are doing right now. Having faith like a potato. You may have to watch that movie to understand that concept, which I highly recommend. This doesn't look anything like traditional church, but the Holy Spirit is there and powerful. He is leading and we are following.
You can read Pastor Rodney's blog about the first service at
http://rodneycalfee.blogspot.com/2010/02/breaking-silencea-new-kind-of.html
His words describe it much better than mine could:)
So next week I get to hear Keith teach on hermeneutics and I can't wait! Yeah, really I can't wait. God has renewed my passion for his word! I do hunger for it and I am being renewed day by day because of it!
Where will be a year from now, 5 years from now, 10 years from now? I really don't know, but I am walking by faith and feeling God's presence as I do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment