A Cade moment to remember:
One of my all time favorite moments as Mommy is when each of you begin walking in everyone's shoes! There is something so precious and sweet about that moment. To me it says, "I want to be like you". This week we all enjoyed Cade taking his first steps in his brothers shoes. First you tried on Britton's flip flops, then you found his old Lightening McQueen house shoes. Yes, these were just right for you!! We have all laughed at you walking around in these shoes!! Too precious!
Chesney moments:
A heart warming day in the life of Chesney
You woke up delightful and full of funniness! You woke up telling me that you needed to wash those "sugar bugs" off of your teeth. You had your first dental appointment last week and you learned that you need to brush the sugar bugs off of your teeth to keep your teeth healthy. You have decided to take that job very seriously. You did amazingly well getting your teeth cleaned!
So then you got all ready for today and decided you wanted to go pick me some more flowers outside. While picking flowers you ran inside and said, " Momma, I just heard the trumpet of the Lord! Does that mean we are all going to heaven now?" (The sound you heard was a band practicing at the Trussville Mall for the Dog Daze festival). You ran outside one more time and then came in with a fresh bunch of flowers and proclaimed, "well that's such a sweet smell!" I asked you if the flowers smelled sweet and you said, "No, it's that stuff, right there, cookin in the pot, yeah, that's it,that's what I'm talking about momma, it sure is a sweet smell momma!" Later on in the morning I was sewing you a new dress and you were sitting there helping and asking a lot of questions and you said, "Momma, when I grow up to be 5, I can help you sew and then Mrs. Melinda want have to come over here and help you all of the time, because you'll have me!".
While we were preparing lunch, I said to all of you, "I have the best job in the world, being Mommy to the 3 of you!" Chesney's response was, "Well Momma I am the best flower picker for Mommies! That's my job!"
Oh my sweet love, you melted my heart time after time on this day! The Lord knew I needed it, because you and I had a rough go around a few days ago after you decided to take a pair of scissors to a pair of your new shorts.
Britton moments:
Last week we played a great game against the Rays. Ya'll one 17-8. After the game you walked out of the dugout saying, " Mom, that game was like a slice of cake!" I just smiled because you and I both know what you are trying to say, but there was no need to correct you. It was just too cute. I say the wrong words and phrase at the wrong time,looks as if you "get it honest", as Gram would always say!
On our way home from the game, you declared that we were playing the blue reflector game. You said this right as we were turning into our neighborhood. You said it then so you could be the first one to yell out "blue reflector" to the only reflector in our neighborhood. So Mommy and Daddy got sneaky and went to our house a back way, so you wouldn't know where the reflectors were. You were beside yourself at how Mommy and Daddy pulled a fast one over on you. You laughed that we were cheating, then you saw it, another blue reflector in our neighborhood. You still won despite Mommy and Daddy's new route.You are such a great kid. Two different families told us this week what a good boy you were and how well behaved you are. You really are such a good boy. You bring us such joy, my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment