Proverbs 31:28 (New International Version)
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
This scripture really describes my Mother's day! The past 4 Mother's Day celebrations around here have been different. No birth Mom's for Daddy and I to celebrate. That has been very sad. We've had to adjust Mother's Day to focus on special women in our lives that Mother us, and now more focus has been added to ME! Or maybe Daddy always focused on Me, I just didn't because I was thinking about our Mom's. Anyway, all that to say that Im loving being adored and pampered on Mother's day! You all love on me pretty well throughout the year, but you really step it up a notch on Mother's Day. This week, I awoke to the sound of breakfast being made by Daddy and Britton. I lied awake in bed listening to Daddy teaching Britton how to make coffee for Mommy. "Fill the pot up to the #6 on the pot with water. Then pour the water into the coffeemaker." Here Daddy? " Yes, there Britton. Now scoop one big spoonful of coffee into the filter and put the filter here Britton, not like that, but like this." OK, Daddy". " Now press the start button." "Now would you like to help make your Mommy some eggs?" "Sure Daddy." "Ok Britton, stir the eggs until they are all yellow." "Like this Daddy?" "Yes, like that Britton."
Soon after the whole family marched into the room with a huge balloon, some beautiful flowers, breakfast in bed, and a precious recordable card. The card had everyone saying, "Happy Mother's Day" and then it sang you are my sunshine. I was also given money to go have my hair cut and colored. Mommy is so excited about that. I haven't done that in years!!! I buy my own cheap hair color and spend pennies on a haircut. This was a very thoughtful gift for Mommy. After church we went to Whole Foods for lunch. All in all it was a wonderful day! I am so blessed. You all made me feel so special this Mothers Day.Thank you sweet family for taking such good care of Mommy!! I have the best job in the whole world, your Mommy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment