Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Here Chicky Chicky ...

This week I decided to step outside my comfort zone and try to rack up some cool Momma points. A sweet lady in our cover school posted an offering for fertilized chicken eggs  in our school newsletter . The offer was for Mom's to take fertilized eggs from her farm home so their kids could observe the hatching of baby chicks. She said you could keep the chicks or bring them back to her once hatched. So, I called her asked a few city girl type questions and decided that I could handle this! We went today and picked up 4 eggs. While on her farm the kids observed freshly hatched baby birds along with animals everywhere you looked!  It was such a fun environment.  You know, the kind that make you long for a farm even though you don't have a clue on how to run one.. The kids oozed with excitement, which made this whole experiment worth the time and effort we're putting into it.  We carefully transported our chick eggs home and placed them in a box that's been heated to 100 degrees. Our babies are due on Friday. For now we anxiously await their arrival! Hopefully my next post will be with LIVE baby chicks! Again, this city girl isn't so sure these chickadees will really hatch :) I pray that they will! Please Lord let at least one baby chick hatch :D

No comments:

counter