Tuesday, July 5, 2011

She's 6!






My precious little girl is growing up. Growing up is a beautiful thing. Each year brings maturity and new experiences. Although its hard to watch my children grow older, it also brings me great joy to witness God molding them and shaping them. This year Chesney matured by leaps and bounds!

She is feisty and passionate, yet so very tender hearted!




She loves recycling anything old into something new. Even garbage found on the side of the road is her treasure.
She also loves to create, invent, and explore. Her hands are always busy with a craft, a collection, or a dirt!



One of her best traits is that she is a giver! She loves to spend her allowance on others! She frequently empties her piggy bank and takes it all to the ballpark. She loves going to the "handstand". I loved that she called it the handstand. I just couldn't correct it. She eventually figured out this ball season that its the concession stand. She always would buy one piece of candy for herself and then spend the rest on her friends and brothers until all of her money was gone. You could see the joy in her eyes as she would give the special treat to a friend! Beautiful, beautiful!!!

I have seen tremendous growth in her shyness this season. She has learned how to make new friends easier.
Here's a pic of a new friend made during a baseball game:


This year we explored soccer for the first time. She LOVED it. She ran her little heart out on the field and never stopped.



There were so many wonderful moments this past year, but I have to say that my favorite memory was of the day we went to the nursing home to pass out valentine's to the patients. Her heart was so overwhelmed with love for the patients. She touched each hand so tenderly and looked into their eyes with such compassion and love. It was truly a beautiful sight to see God's love poured through a child to the elderly. Another proud moment was her compassion poured out to an autistic child
we recently met at the lake. Chesney generally is slow to warm up to any new playmate, however this child she sensed something was a little different and she embraced him with mercy as she played with him. It was so natural for her and all of her fears melted away as she reached out to him for friendship.

Last, I must post my favorite conversation with Chesney. This wraps up her personality perfectly! "Momma, do you remember that space museum that we went to, where we saw rockets and missiles and stuff?" To which I replied, "Yes, sweetheart I do, why?" Then she say's, " Do they have museums like that for art? You know where you walk around and just look at art?" I smiled a big smile and answered, " why, yes sweetheart they do. Your Gram used to take me to the Birmingham ARt museum every year when I was a child!!" Chesney's eyes grew twice and big and she squealed, "Oh Mommy, can you please take me there!"


I see so many precious gifts from the Lord shining through you sweet girl! I look forward to watching how the Lord uses you for His glory!!!! I am so proud of you!!


Here's a few pics/video of her birthday celebrations!!

Birthday Morning:




Mani-Pedi with Mommy :)







Partying with our friends!



No comments:

counter