Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Victory!

Today we had a victorious moment. The kind that makes a Momma weep tears of joy. Chesney was struggling today, actually the past couple of days. We had a long talk last night about how to give her struggles to Jesus immediately when she senses them coming. We talked about how Mommy would remind her to pray and cry out to Jesus when I saw the the struggles presenting. So today we had that moment. We were all in the school room doing school. She started melting before my eyes and was on the verge of complete breakdown. I reminded her to close her eyes and pray, "help me Jesus". She did just that, then she opened her eyes and began her reading lesson again. She read better than ever and was completely calm. I began praising her and as I did, her big brother, sitting across the room spoke up. Britton says, "Mommy, Mommy, I began praying for her too. When you asked her to pray, God reminded me that two are better than one. That if two pray together they are stronger!" So, Mommy that's what I did. I prayed in that exact moment for Jesus to help her, and it worked!" It was such an amazing moment. You always wonder if your children are really learning what you teach them, and today God showed me, that they are! In addition to that I saw an sweet tenderness occur between these two siblings. She was so touched that he was praying for her, and he was so in awe of God answering his prayers. They were inseparable, serving one another and playing together the rest of the day. We prayed for God to be glorified in our home today, during bible time this morning. He was glorified indeed! What a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

This blessed me so much reading it. You & Keith are doing a fantastic job!!!

counter