Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The best yet!!




I haven't made bread in the past couple of weeks, due to failure! My last 2 loaves were like a brick. No one wanted to eat them :( So, I bought bread for a couple of weeks and then heard the Lord tell me to make my Step-mom and Mother-in-law bread for Mother's Day. I pleaded with Him, but he won. So, the kids and I prayed this morning that Nana and Gramaw's bread would turn out! We prayed hard :) God listened. Chesney and I set up and got to work on cinnamon bread. I've never made cinnamon bread before, but found that it wasn't much different from my bread recipe, so we gave it a try. Boy am I glad we did. We made 4 loaves today! The bread baked beautifully and my kids devoured our loaf in a nano second. I have to admit it was some kind of yummy. There is no better taste than freshly baked bread. I praise the Lord for sending me the inspiration to step out and try it. I praise him for sending some good friends to teach me the process. I praise him for the wonderful nutrition it's giving my children.
Here's the finished process and a few tools that make the slice look like store bought bread.
An electric knife
And a wooden bread box slice set! This makes a perfect cut!

1 comment:

WendyQM said...

I would love to have your Nana and Gramaw's bread recipe... if it is not top-secret. :)

Also, where did you find the wooden bread-cutting thingy? I want one!

Your bread looks AMAZING!

~Wendy

counter