Thursday, April 1, 2010

White as snow




Today was what I call a doozy of a day, bad from the get go. By this I mean a lot of tears, spanks and timeouts. As a Momma, I don't really enjoy this part of motherhood. I know its character building and life training, but it's just hard as a parent, for me anyway...
So, after spending a lot of time praying and seeking the Lord for help. He answered through an 8yo little boy. As I came down the stairs, clearly shaken and upset, my son say's, "Mommy can you come here please?" I went into the living room and found Britton gazing out the window at the beautiful tree in our front yard. He says, "sit down Momma and tell me what that tree tells you about God." He goes on to say, " I see 3 things that, that tree tells me about God and I want to see if you see it too." So, I look at this beautiful tree that is blooming white flowers and green leaves. It is breathtaking to just sit and stare at it's beauty. So, I say, "I see it's beauty and that reminds me of God's beauty and His creation." Britton says, "Yes, Mommy, that's right, that's one of them. What else do you see?" So, I look at the tree again, and I say, "I see a lot of white." " Britton says, " Yes, Momma, like the white bead of purity. White as snow. Just like we are when we are saved! So, Momma what else do you see?" To which I reply, "Well, Britton, I see some new green leaves that are just beginning to grow." He says, " Well, Momma you are right. I had not thought of that one. That's a good one Momma. But, I still see one more.Look right there at that red bird. It reminds me of Jesus' blood that was shed for me." He then goes on to say, " I know you are having a rough day Momma, so I stopped and prayed for you. God showed me this tree and about Him in this tree and He told me I should tell you about it too." At this point I was crying happy tears and got a great big hug from my not so little boy! God's grace just used an 8yo little boy to show me HIS GLORY in a very powerful way. A moment I will treasure forever!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, Brook, this is priceless & something to keep forever! What a blessing!

Melinda Calfee said...

Beautifu!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Pastor Britton needs to team up with Pastor Cody to start a "ministry for moms" Ha! We need it! It's awesome to see the fruitfulness in our children!

counter