When I was a child I have vivid memories of standing under my Nanny in the kitchen awaiting "THE BOWL". I was only 4 or 5 and I remember that when she went in the kitchen I needed to be right their beside her. If I was the one in the kitchen with her then I would be the one to get to lick up the yummy leftovers in the bowl. I had a cousin and uncle my age that often were off playing and walked in to the house to find me, the youngest, licking the last bit of the batter out of the bowl. I snickered at my cleverness while they stomped off mad. A fond memory that I have, licking Nanny's bowls. Nanny was Gram's grandmother, my Great Grandmother. An altogether wonderful woman who loved Jesus! I'm thinking about those memories this week, because I walked into the kitchen this week to find this:
I had given the bowl to Chesney. After she tired of it, she left it on the table while I went to do some laundry. I returned to this little fellow picking up where big sis left off!! He saw her licking the bowl and decided he needed to give it a try!! Oh what wonderful memories this brings back to Mommy. How great it is to see my kids enjoying my creations!!! Life is good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment